[illumos-Developer] Webrev for bug 900: sed errors when -e is given a 0-length argument

Garrett D'Amore garrett at damore.org
Thu Apr 28 07:22:50 PDT 2011

  On 04/28/11 05:28 AM, Gary Mills wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 07:32:42PM -0700, Garrett D'Amore wrote:
>> Doesn't fbsd also have asprintf?
> Of course, just not in the sed source.  Since you did the original
> port, feel free to fix the bug your way.  I'll be happy to drop my
> effort and look for another bug to fix.

The comment above wasn't meant to discourage you.  My point was that
since asprintf() is part of libc on both OS', there was no reason not to
use it -- especially as in this case it represents tighter/cleaner
code.  (The original non-asprintf() logic probably predates the
introduction of asprintf into their libc.   There's a lot of historical
code like that.)

Part of the code review process is meant to improve the quality of the
code, and part of it serves to provide education to both reviewer(s) and
reviewee.  (In this case the presence and utility of asprintf.)  Please
don't get discouraged when you receive feedback like this.

That said, if you want to drop this bug, let me know and I'll finish it
up.  I'd rather you did it, and claimed credit for your work on it, but
if you don't want to, then I'm willing to finish it up.