[illumos-Developer] Newbie webrev --> "ws" needs to set CLOSED_IS_PRESENT to no

Dan McDonald danmcd at nexenta.com
Wed Feb 2 10:57:58 PST 2011

Hello!

I'm spinning up on Illumos proper, so please pardon any newbieness.

I noticed the "ws" command doesn't set CLOSED_IS_PRESENT properly.  When I
mentioned this to some Nexentians, their response was:  "Use bldenv".

Instead, I took the bit of bldenv I wanted and placed it into "ws".  I'm not
sure this is the best answer, though, because:

	- If you're in a workspace with usr/closed created by an untarring of
          the closed binaries, the test will set CLOSED_IS_PRESENT to yes.
          I've noticed that elfsign is attempted if the variable isn't there,
          and presumably it would also be attempted if it's set to yes.

	- Longer-term, I'm wondering if the proper behavior should be to not
          assume closed is there during the building of open.  That probably
          has to wait until we've disentangled some more things.

A *preliminary* webrev is here:

	http://www.kebe.com/~danmcd/webrevs/fix-ws/

And I'd appreciate some review and opinions.  Pardon any latency of mine --
I'm still trying to ramp up here.

Thanks,
Dan