[illumos-Developer] pkg install X seems to fail on oi148

Frank Middleton f.middleton at apogeect.com
Sun Feb 6 14:49:15 PST 2011

On 02/01/11 13:22, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> Note that "X" is resolving to "developer/opensolaris/X" - i.e. the packages you
> need to install to build X - that won't install the X runtime packages.

Whoops.

>> I vaguely remember seeing a thread about this, but my Google-fu is weak
>> today. Is there a way to get the full desktop install without going via b134?
>
> "pkg install slim_install" gives the full set of packages a livecd installation
> would install - there's more desktop apps than that in the repo of course, but
> that's a pretty good base set.

Having manually installed the b134 dependencies, now I get
# pkg install  slim_install
Creating Plan |pkg: No solution was found to satisfy constraints

Getting it to install is going to take more time than simply getting
a b134 iso and moving forward from there. I'd use 2009.06 but its
support for this hardware is pretty minimal...

Postscript: installing b134 and then upgrade worked like a charm. For
now, for anyone following this thread, this seems the most practical way
to get gnome up and running...

Thanks -- Frank