[illumos-Developer] webrev for 635, 1181, 1188-1192

Yuri Pankov yuri.pankov at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 13:42:06 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 04:19:06PM -0400, Gordon Ross wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 3:31 PM, Yuri Pankov <yuri.pankov at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > https://www.xvoid.org/illumos/webrev/manfixes/
> >
> > 635 sed manual page needs significant updates
> > 1181 Remove plot(1B), plot(4B), tplot(1)
> > 1188 Move pppdump and tcpd manpages to usr/src/man
> > 1189 add stdin/stdout/stderr(3C) manpage symlinks
> > 1190 Remove source-security-tcp-wrapper and SUNWtcpdS packages
> > 1191 Remove source-network-pppdump and SUNWpppgS packages
> > 1192 fd manpage should be in section 7
> >
> > Sorry for including so many issues in one review, but they are either
> > small or related.
> >
> > 636 - manpage converted to man macro from FreeBSD's sed(1)
> > 1190, 1191 - removed all sources not used in the build and obsoleted the
> > source packages, tested using full nightly
> >
> > Other changes are trivial.
>
> usr/src/cmd/tcpd/Makefile
> Why the "white space" changes?  (remove space before =)
> (Took me a few seconds to figure out that was what changed on those lines:)

Not really intentional, slipped in as I was making other whitespace
changes to make everything look the same (used to having VAR=, can change
them back if needed).

> usr/src/man/man3/Makefile
>   Not sure about the "so" link for libwrap.3
>   Does libwrap need to be in the NAME section of host_access.3 then?

Probably, I just moved the manpage and created the .so link, as it was
originally done in cmd/tcpd. I'm not sure about adding the libwrap to
NAME section - it wasn't there before, so no content changes here.

> Do any of the deleted sample sources (etc.) show up in
> exception_lists/check_rtime?  If so, you can delete those
> lines from the file.

Just checked, and don't see anything related - those source files were
not compiled at all and were living in source- packages only.

> The rest looks fine to me.
> Thanks for cleaning this up.

Thanks,
Yuri