[illumos-Developer] Available MSI(-x) interrupt limit.

Craig Morgan craig.morgan at nexenta.com
Tue Jun 7 08:41:28 PDT 2011

I think its the below you are thinking of …

    set ddi_msix_alloc_limit=8
    * set pcplusmp:apic_msix_max=8

Which is very useful, particularly for 10GbE adapters which have a high
number of DMA per port (most Intels are 8), so increasing the above over
the default of 2 spreads the work around nicely amongst cores.

— Craig Morgan