[illumos-Developer] CODE REVIEW --> #935, sv_lyr_open() uses NULL pointers...

Richard Lowe richlowe at richlowe.net
Wed Apr 20 14:42:49 PDT 2011

> The codepath in question will execute regardless of whether or not svp is
> NULL or not.  An svp != NULL check is therefore required.

I wasn't clear, my concern was whether if that path was taken svp
should never be NULL.  The comment seems to have the same assumption
as the code, to paraphrase "If we're here and devp was altered, we
should already have an svp".  I was wanting to be sure that that
assumption was wrong, and this wasn't papering over something deeper.

If folks are convinced of that, I'm happy too (though I agree with
Adam's comment about pointer-as-boolean issues)

-- Rich